“A SUMMER CAMP TO REMEMBER”
Although the summer has come to an end the memories of this summer’s events will most certainly last us throughout the year. This summer was one to put in the record books! Over 225 children ages five to fifteen year olds attended the action-packed ten week program. They were all kept quite busy with a variety of activities ranging from arts and crafts projects to field trips at various exciting destinations: ZooVille, Xtreme Fun Center, Gator Fred’s, Ray’s Baseball games and more!
“Greatest Summer Program I’ve ever been involved with.” – PAL Parent
The active police officers on our staff give educational and awareness classes such as “Stranger Danger”, “911 Safety” and “Internet Safety”. The children not only learn of the dangers that surround them on a daily basis, but they also learn to associate positive perspectives with police officers and how to interact with them as well. The children even feel a great sense of protection knowing that we are staffed with some of Orlando’s finest.
“Please continue to have this program every summer. My kids had a great one thanks to PAL.” – PAL Parent
Through a team effort of the PAL Administrative Staff, City of Orlando Police Department and volunteers we were able to go above and beyond to give our absolute best to the PAL Summer Camp Kids and making this program “successful, safe and unique” compared to any other summer camp in the area!
“I AM SO GLAD THAT PAL IS HERE, I DON’T KNOW WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE WITHOUT IT. THANK YOU.” – PAL PARENT
Summer Program Details Registration opens on Wednesday April 1st at 10:00am
- There is a processing fee of $30.00 per family. The cost is on a sliding scale based on annual household income. Proof of annual household income must be provided for us to calculate the price.
- The Police Athletic League provides summer care for Children ages 5-15 year olds, note 5 year olds must have completed Kindergarten.
- It is one price for the entire summer. That price includes; field trips, t-shirts, lunches, afternoon snacks and a 10 ½ hour day five days a week for 10 weeks.
- Starts June 10th 2015 Ends August 18th 2015.
- PAL’s hours of operation during the summer are Monday- Friday 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM.
- The children are placed into groups based on their age and all activities are designed for that particular age group.Download the forms below and bring in with proof of income to register your child.
PAL Membership Registration Application – Parents Guide – Know your Facility
“All of the coaches are the best and know how to deal with children very well!” “PAL has helped my boys stay active during the summer and has helped them learn sportsmanship.” “My child never wants to leave!“ “I think PAL is a full program with nice choices and good organization.”
KIDS SAY THE FUNNIEST THINGS
“Coach…I got bit by a tadpole!” “When I turn 21 I’m going to work here and drive the white bus!” “I wish PAL was open on Saturday’s and Sunday’s.” “Coach, can I have a dollar for the snack bar? I know PAL pays you a LOT of money!”
Camp Emphasis For All Programs
- BALL HANDLING
- BASE BALL
- FOUL SHOOTING
- BASE BALL SKILLS
- TENNIS(10 & UNDER)
- ADVANCE TENNIS(18-OVER)
- TRACK & FIELD
- CRIME PREVENTION
- SAFETY PROGRAMS